|Scooby's past relationships brought up with a bang!|
|Best team banter between Anya Jenkins, Willow Rosenburg.|
|A major chunk of The Vampire Diaries‘ fan base was bummed when Elena (Nina Dobrev) straight-up chose Stefan (Paul Wesley) over Damon (Ian Somerhalder)
on last night’s season finale, but “Delena” shippers probably shouldn’t
throw in the towel just yet. “Nothing’s ever set in stone — ever,” Nina
told HollywoodLife.com at the unveiling of her “Got Milk?” ad May 10 at Seventeen‘s NYC headquarters. “Everything changes all the time, whether it’s people or relationships or experiences.”|
Considering the finale’s big twist ending, I’m thinking Elena’s feelings for Damon are going to change drastically when the show returns in the fall.
During their phone call, one of her main points was that things might have turned out differently if she had met him before Stefan.
Well guess what? She did!
And now that she’s becoming a vampire, there’s a good chance Elena will remember that fateful first meeting Damon compelled her to forget.
On the subject of Nina donning a pair of fangs, she also told me she was actually relieved that vampire Katherine was M.I.A. for much of season three.
“My sleep habits don’t miss her, because I’m getting a lot more rest and I’m much healthier,” Nina admitted. “But it is fun playing Katherine. Variety is always good in any regard, but it’s all about moderation.”
And given that lead-in, I couldn’t help but ask Nina about the possibility of playing three characters next season: Elena, Katherine and Tatia — the original Petrova who was pointedly mentioned earlier this season.
“I guess we’ll have to cross that bridge when we get there,” she said. “I literally have to figure that whole thing out — if and when that happens.”
OK, so that remains a question mark.
But one thing Nina can count on is Elena’s platonic bestie Matt (Zach Roerig) always being there for her. In fact, she told me she thinks every girl should have a Matt Donovan in her life.
“I think every girl has to have a really good girl friend and a really good guy friend, so you can bounce ideas off them and have objective opinions from both sides,” she explained. “Our minds are wired so completely differently, so yeah, it’s always great to have a guy friend and a girl friend.”
How do you feel about Nina’s outlook on Elena and Damon next season?
Do you think Elena will change her mind when she remembers she met Damon first, or will she stay true to Stefan?
And do you miss Katherine as much as I do?
In fact, the finale gave us a LOT to look forward to next season, so allow me to break down the five pivotal plot points I can’t wait to see in the fall:
1. Elena remembering her meeting with Damon:When you become a vampire, all compulsion wears off, which means Elena will remember that she actually met Damon (Ian Somerhalder) before she met Stefan (Paul Wesley). And considering she told Damon things might have worked out differently if she’d met him first, I could see that being a victory for Team Damon.
2. Elena adjusting to life as a vampire:Elena has always talked about someday having a vampire-free life, but that’s going to be pretty difficult, you know, now that she’s a vampire herself! Once she gets over the self-loathing — if she ever does — it’ll be intense watching her feed and fight for the first time. I know we’ve seen Nina as Katherine, but Elena as a vampire is going to be a completely different beast. Literally.
3. Damon and Stefan fighting:Any way you slice it, Stefan let Elena drown by saving Matt (Zach Roerig) instead of her, and that’s why she’s now a vampire. I can’t imagine Damon will be too pleased with his little brother’s decision — and I think Elena will be even less thrilled. Great, as if the Salvatores need another reason to be at each other’s throats!
4. Everyone realizing Klaus is alive:Damon and Rebekah (Claire Holt) may have watched Klaus’ (Joseph Morgan) physical body go up in flames, but as we all know, his spirit is still very much alive inside of Tyler’s (Michael Trevino) body — which, is good news for “Klaroline” shippers, as every romantic scene between Tyler and Caroline (Candice Accola) in the premiere will actually be a scene between Klaus and Caroline scene. Oh boy.
5. Finding out if Tyler survived the switch:On the flip side of Klaus being alive, the other question on everyone’s mind is whether or not Tyler survived the body swap.
Did Bonnie (Kat Graham) put Tyler’s spirit inside Klaus’ body, or are both spirits currently inside Tyler’s body, with one just waiting to be expelled?
Magic is so confusing sometimes.
What are YOU most looking forward to in season four?
Do you think Elena will change her mind and decide to be with Damon?
Do you think Tyler will ever be Tyler again?
Do you think Klaus will ever get his body back?