Welcome to my world

Hey everyone and welcome to my lair.

You want to know what I believe? I believe anything is possible, that you can achieve a goal no matter how high.

That the world impossible is not a word, that red velvet cupcakes and cookies are a necessity. And that rambling, dreaming, and achieving are three things that get people success in this world.

I am currently on my first, yet to be edited draft of a novel I crafted that I am very passionate about: Obsessed.

You might hear more about it later. And it is over a 100,000 words, at least the word-count machine in microsoft word tells me so.

I love many tv-shows, including Smallville, Chuck, Nikita, and White Collar. I enjoy making characters, shipping TV couples, like Damon and Elena, Tess and Oliver, Michael and Nikita, Chuck and Sarah, etc, and writing fanfiction about my favorite couples on TV.

Quote of the Month

"Please tell me you didn't waste all that jet fuel to come down here and deliver me a lecture."--Oliver Queen

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Roadtrip Question 1: TOP FIVE BOOKS OF 2011

What were your top five favorite books of 2011?
That's hard to answer. I could say many titles and recommend a shelf full to anyone. But to choose only five is like trying to decide between Watching the Latest Nikita Episode, or going cliff diving. But if I had to pick five, I'm crossing my fingers here that no one will hate me for them, but here's my list:
  • Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare: Some will ask, why pick this book? It's quite simple, I am an avid lover of anything with angels, nephilim, a strong female character who can kick butt, super-powers such as changing into the form of both the dead and the living, and a WELL-WRITTEN LOVE TRIANGLE.
Clockwork Prince is the sequel to Clockwork Angel, and the second of the three-book trilogy. If you enjoy dashing, dark-haired, tormented yet charming, if not witty and sarcastic, book-loving men, then you will die-hard for Will Herondale, who falls for the brave, elegant, stubborn-minded Tessa Gray. I will spoil nothing more, but let me tell you this: it is a book worth reading with suspense, drama, betrayal, and a daring love between two Shadow-hunters, and a girl.

  • Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead: The sixth book in the Vampire Academy series. Our heroine, Rose Hathaway, brave, strong, and torn between her former mentor and lover, Dimitri Belikov, and new boyfriend, Adrian, is about to die. And what makes the book so good, there's murder, love, a crime to solve, painful confessions, drama, and betrayal. In Roses' greatest adventure yet, if you've read the books, you know what I'm talking about. If not, then start off with the first book, Vampire Academy and go from there. I'd recommend to anyone with a love for vampires, with a roman mythology twist to it.

  • Midnight by L.J. Smith: Is a worthwhile read, with the return of Elena and the Salvatore Brothers as they journey into the depths of hell itself: THE DARK DIMENSION. There, Elena faces her feelings for both brothers, Damon and Stefan, and faces perils beyond her wildest dreams. Very well written, I would recommend it to anyone in need of a good read. Drama, suspense, and it's not vampire diaries without the famous love triangle between dark, dangerously charming Damon--brave, stunning and a well-rounded blonde leader, Elena Gilbert-and broody, mousy, milksop Stefan.
  • Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick: Is a book that will leave you breathless and on the edge of your chair, begging for more. It's the second book of the Hush Hush three-book and possibly four trilogy.

With the return of Nora and Patch entangled in a dangerous love that could strip him of being her guardian angel, it is beautiful, breathtaking, and a little-shocking, as we see through Nora's eyes, everything us fans have feared. I'd give it eleven out of ten stars. Well-written and a worthwhile read, I would recommend it to anyone with a taste for fallen angels, danger, and death-defying situations, mixed in with a little hate and love.

Those are my four. I'm listening to: With Arms Wide Open By Creed.
What are you listening to? What is your favorite five books of 2011?
E.L.




No comments:

Post a Comment