Welcome to my world

Hey everyone and welcome to my lair.

You want to know what I believe? I believe anything is possible, that you can achieve a goal no matter how high.

That the world impossible is not a word, that red velvet cupcakes and cookies are a necessity. And that rambling, dreaming, and achieving are three things that get people success in this world.

I am currently on my first, yet to be edited draft of a novel I crafted that I am very passionate about: Obsessed.

You might hear more about it later. And it is over a 100,000 words, at least the word-count machine in microsoft word tells me so.

I love many tv-shows, including Smallville, Chuck, Nikita, and White Collar. I enjoy making characters, shipping TV couples, like Damon and Elena, Tess and Oliver, Michael and Nikita, Chuck and Sarah, etc, and writing fanfiction about my favorite couples on TV.

Quote of the Month

"Please tell me you didn't waste all that jet fuel to come down here and deliver me a lecture."--Oliver Queen

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hunger Games Thursday!!!

Hunger Games the world-wide phenomenon book-wise and movie-wise, is premering tonight at midnight in theaters. If you aren't excited, what are you doing reading this, cuz it says, "HUNGER GAMES THURSDAY!"

Is anyone going to the midnight showing? You won't catch me there. No, I need my sleep too much to risk two and a half hours for a movie I long to watch. So no, I will go this Saturday at 1 pm when the theater at the Megaplex is not nearly as full, with my mom, my sister, possibly Bryli our neighbor, my dad, and maybe my triplet brother, Jon.

DEFINITELY NOT My little brother, Riley. He is too young to watch HUNGER GAMES ON FILM!

Onto more important things: Is ANYONE and please someone say they are doing script frenzy in April besides me. A hundred pages people! Yes, it's a big change from novel-writing and our beloved characters who drive us nuts over the course of years we've been so whole-heartedly crafting them,  BUT CHANGE IS NECESSARY.

I challenge anyone and everyone to do Script Frenzy in April. I have put it off for two years because I was afraid. I, Emily Lane, was afraid of writing a 100-page script because I couldn't believe in myself enough to pull it off.

It changes now. In April I will be writing a script and it will suck, but don't all first drafts suck? So go for it, go crazy, write a serial killer and a cult, a clown and an assassin paired together by tragic circumstances, an under-water submarine and a business-man stuck permanently on an island with no chance of escape, because life in essence is too short.

What's your Script Frenzy Script about?

Mine is beginning to form in an outline.

Evelyn Shaw, college-drop out, has never been paid more than minimum wage in her life. The woman has no hope of ever getting a job outside Mcdonalds, and then she gets an offer from, Daniel Beaufry, handsome, generous, and her new boss, if she chooses to accept. She says yes, and gets whisked into his world. But it won't be so easy for poor Eve, between color-coordinating his outfits at midnight, dealing with his crazy, obsessive, greedy ex-wife Veronica, and planning a month's worth of events into a week long schedule.

So yeah, it has tons of flaws and holes and I don't even know if it'll be worthwhile in the end.

But writers need change, and this is my time to prove it to myself I can deal with change, by writing a script and perservering to the end, with no exceptions.

My supply list:
TWO liters of Doctor Pepper Ten.

Candy.

Ice cream (preferably rocky road, Chunky Monkey, Sherbet of any kind, or chocolate).

Pencils.

Notebooks.

Family laptop.

Cool pens that cost ten dollars (yes, I am the fool who paid ten dollars for a useless, only cool-looking pen that wouldv'e cost me much less at the flea market).

A new pen when I win.

My dog, Snickers, a little daschund who loves me with all the love in her big heart, and tiny body can muster.

Ipod with a fresh playlist.

Grooveshark when necessary, after inspiration runs out.

What's your supply list? And if your doing Script Frenzy, whats your script about?

E.L.

 


































No comments:

Post a Comment